This seminar is designed to help communicators understand that role and how to build their competence as a consultant. The seminar is customized for each client group. Typically half a day.
Some areas of content:
- Order taker to consultant – how to manage the transition
- More emphasis on advisor than expert
- Building communications solutions with the client – a collaborative approach
- Using best practices to inform your advice
- Understanding authority vs. accountability
- The importance of building basic business acumen
- Teaching your client about communication so they can help themselves
- Using measurement – it’s the language of business
- A fine balance – working with the client but supporting the overall communication goals, policies and direction of the organization.